Whether you are changing the world or navigating the change
Let us help you achieve your goals.
Our Principal consultant, Colin Lachance, served as CEO of the Canadian Legal Information Institute (CanLII) from 2011 to 2015 and in that capacity was profiled by the ABA Journal as a “Legal Rebel” (2014), by Canadian Lawyer Magazine as among the “Top 25 Most Influential” (2014), by the Canadian Bar Association as an innovator who is “Doing Law Differently”, and by Fastcase as a member of the 2013 Fastcase 50 class of legal innovators and visionaries. Prior roles included senior positions in advocacy, marketing and lobbying with a national telecommunications company. An average and unimpressive student in all his schooling, he added a technology-focused LL.M. in 2013 to the degrees in business and law obtained in the bloom of youth.
- developed and launched impactful legal tech projects, including the highly regarded and award-winning CanLII Connects platform
- led an influential not-for-profit to its greatest successes
- sustained target revenue and profit levels of a quarter-billion dollar technology portfolio for three years in a steadily declining market through creativity, effective leadership of a cross-country 8 person product management team and a superior capacity to understand and exploit the shifting sands of regulatory and competitive dynamics
- developed and launched an API for all Canadian case law and legislation, conceived and commissioned the development of legal info visualization tools and other apps using the API, and put together Canada’s first major legal info hackathon
- advised a cross-disciplinary client base of professional specialists as well as c-suite leaders of major publicly-traded companies
- advocated complex matters before regulatory tribunals, politicians and senior government officials
- led and managed the development and implementation of tactical, project, business and strategic plans in legal and technology environments
- presented, debated and advised on legal tech/information/justice/innovation matters across all Canadian provinces and four continents with audiences of senior judges, crown attorneys and senior justice staff, legal tech pioneers and start-ups, academics, legal market journalists, and lawyers and legal practitioners – including (on many occasions) the executive leadership of each Canadian provincial and territorial law society
- consistently earned the respect and support of a 360 degree cross-section of peers, staff, superiors and collaborators
Colin presently advises legal tech start-ups as well as traditional players. With skills suited to a range of activities, Colin is most excited by collaborative opportunities to find clarity in confusion and to transform those insights into actionable goals that support strategic objectives.
Drop us a line and let’s start talking! Prefer to connect by phone? Colin can be reached at 613-316-3290.